Any organization wishing to submit a potential project for the Esplanade Financière Sun Life must submit the correct form.
- a non-profit organization or association;
- a sole proprietorship;
- a partnership;
- a cooperative or a corporation created under federal or provincial law.
having begun their business activities at least two years prior to the submission.
When making a request, the organization must demonstrate:
- the ability to carry out the project in the long term;
- its understanding of sustainable development principles;
- its ability to generate independent income related to the proposed project (obtain a balanced budget);
- its ability to carry out a marketing campaign to effectively promote the project;
- healthy financial management;
- its ability to incorporate a free (no charge) feature to the event.
By making a request to hold an activity at the Esplanade Financière Sun Life, the organization must obtain civil liability insurance which will cover the organization and the Olympic Park throughout the activity.
The members of the Olympic Park programming committee will evaluate projects according to the following criteria:
- the ability of the organization and the project to enrich the Esplanade Financière Sun Life in a distinct manner, and to support the national and international positioning of the Olympic Park;
- the harmony of the project with the three key elements of the Esplanade Financière Sun Life programming – culture, sport, and biodiversity;
- the ability of the project to unite the realities of the surrounding community with those of the Olympic Park;
- the innovative character and makeup of the project;
- the ability of the organization to implement its project; in particular, with respect to technical and financial planning;
- the communication strategy used to ensure the promotion of the project;
- the ability of the project to attract a broad audience.
PLEASE avoid submitting bulky files. Submissions not respecting the above guidelines will not be considered.
For any questions regarding submissions to the Esplanade Financière Sun Life, please contact:
514 252-4141 extension 5256